Ratepayer Assistance (LIRA)
Arizona customers can receive a discount on their gas bill from November 1 through April 30.
|LIRA Program Income Requirements|
Annual Household Income Guidelines
(effective July 01, 2015 through June 30, 2016)
|Number of Persons
Living in Household
|Total Combined Income
from ALL Sources
|For each additional person, add $6,240|
Additional requirements for the LIRA Program.
- You must be a residential customer of Southwest Gas with the bill in your name.
- Southwest Gas reserves the right to verify your household income and eligibility.
- Your are not claimed on another person's income tax return.
- You are required to renew your application every two years or when requested by Southwest Gas.
- Any connected service to a pool, spa, or hot tub must be prescribed, in writing, by a licensed physician.
What is annual household income?Total annual household income means all money from all sources, both taxable and non taxable, before deductions for all people who live in your home. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Wages or profit from self-employment
- Disability or Workers' Compensation payments
- Insurance or legal settlements
- Spousal or child support
- Scholarships, grants, or other aid used for living expenses
- Interest/dividends from: savings, stocks, bonds, or retirement accounts
- Social Security or SSDI
- SSP or SSI
- TANF (AFDC)
- Veterans Affairs benefits
- Unemployment benefits
- Rental or royalty income
- Cash and/or other income