MyAccount Terms and Conditions
Online Account Management Usage Agreement
You may use this online utility bill account access system ("MyAccount") only if you are a customer of Southwest Gas Corporation ("Southwest Gas") and have agreed to participate in MyAccount by properly registering an email address and password consistent with these Terms and Conditions.
Online Account Management Service
MyAccount allows you to access online services specific to your Southwest Gas account(s). Online services under the MyAccount umbrella include online billing and payment information/services, as well as other account-related information and analysis tools. Southwest Gas may add additional online services to MyAccount, as appropriate, in the future.
Southwest Gas reserves the right to modify or discontinue any or all services or features of MyAccount at any time, without notice, or to offer specific programs only to customers meeting applicable qualifications. Subject to satisfying the qualifications for a particular program, you may elect to use one or more of the features available without being obligated to use them all.
Specifically, by participating in MyAccount you have agreed that:
You are subject to these terms and conditions until such time that your MyAccount, including all its online services, is discontinued. By selecting the "I Agree" button when registering for MyAccount, you are confirming that you accept these Terms and Conditions (including any future modifications thereof) as a pre-condition to access to MyAccount. When you meet the above requirements, you will receive an e-mail message from Southwest Gas confirming your registration in MyAccount.
The unique email address and password (collectively, "Password") selected by you to access MyAccount must be held on a confidential basis. Anyone with knowledge of your Password can gain access to MyAccount and all the services available within the account. If you have forgotten or lost your Password, online services are available to assist you in resetting it. If you need assistance, contact Southwest Gas by email or by calling Customer Assistance at 1-877-860-6020, Monday through Friday 8:00AM to 5:00PM PT (excluding holidays). You are responsible for maintaining the Password against improper disclosure. One of the Terms and Conditions of this agreement is that you are solely responsible for any claims, losses, damages, expenses and costs incurred by the use of your Password by others. Southwest Gas reserves the right to reset any Passwords.
Emails from Southwest Gas
By registering for MyAccount, you agree to receive automatic email notifications related to online services, MyAccount and/or your natural gas account.
As a MyAccount user, it is your responsibility to ensure that the contact and other required information in your user profile is current and accurate, and updated promptly if necessary, including your name, address, phone number and email address. Changes can be made within the MyAccount service or by contacting Southwest Gas via email or calling Customer Assistance at 1-877-860-6020, Monday through Friday 8:00AM to 5:00PM PT (excluding holidays).
Discontinuing My Account (online account access)
Discontinuing MyAccount will no longer allow you access to online services specific to your Southwest Gas account(s).
Automatic Payment Plan
Program Qualifications and Restrictions
Residential and Commercial customers are eligible for enrollment in Southwest Gas Automatic Payment Plan ("APP") if the following requirements are met:
You must have a current/valid U.S. bank account at a financial institution where the payment will be withdrawn.
Your Southwest Gas account must be an active account and your account must not have been removed from the APP by Southwest Gas in the past twelve (12) months.
Your Commitment to Us
It is your responsibility to:
Ensure there are sufficient funds available in your checking or savings account to meet each withdrawal on the due date. If there are insufficient funds in your account, your financial institution and Southwest Gas may charge you a fee and/or interest. You are solely responsible for paying any fee and/or interest charged by your financial institution or Southwest Gas. Check your account statement to verify that the amounts debited from your account are correct.
Advise us if the payment account is transferred or closed, or if the account details change no later than three (3) business days before the debit date.
Arrange an alternate payment method if you cancel the scheduled withdrawal.
On your due date, we will deduct your APP payment from the payment account you designate. Your billing statement will indicate that it is being paid through the APP when this service is activated. In the event that Southwest Gas makes a billing adjustment to the account, Southwest Gas will cancel the withdrawal and establish a new withdrawal for the amount and due date as indicated on the revised bill.
If two requests are returned for insufficient funds, you may be excluded from using the APP to make payment. If you need to update your checking or saving account information, you can do so online through MyAccount. However, to the extent this information requires updating, and such updates are not made prior to the applicable payment deadline (as discussed in detail above), all applicable additional charges, including, but not limited to, late fees, may be assessed. If the transaction is refused by your financial institution for any reason, including, but not limited to, insufficient funds, closed account, or unauthorized account, Southwest Gas will not be able to process your payment. Your Southwest Gas account may be subject to additional charges if your payment is rejected, reversed or refused by your financial institution.
To cancel an APP withdrawal, you will need to notify Southwest Gas in writing at least three (3) business days before the transaction is scheduled to occur.
Participation in Southwest Gas's APP is completely optional. We reserve the right to discontinue accepting APP payments at any time, for any reason without prior notice. We may send notification of termination of APP anytime after the termination is effective. We also may temporarily discontinue accepting APP payments, within our sole discretion. Termination does not affect your rights and obligations for APP payments prior to termination.
These Terms and Conditions do not supercede, modify or in any way mitigate your obligation to be bound by and comply with the Southwest Gas MyAccount Terms and Conditions.
The Paperless Billing option requires an active Southwest Gas account number, a valid e-mail address and to be logged into or create a "MyAccount". You may enroll in Paperless Billing at any time.
Bill delivery and presentment
Upon enrollment in Paperless Billing, one last paper bill may be presented. In addition to your paperless bills, disconnect, final, and special billings will be mailed.
Southwest Gas will use its best efforts to present all of your paperless bills promptly. Southwest Gas will send e-mail notification to the e-mail address listed on your account. It is your sole responsibility to ensure that this information is accurate. In the event you do not receive notification, it is your responsibility to log into MyAccount and check on your paperless bills and account balance(s).
Payment of Bills
It is your sole responsibility to pay your Southwest Gas bill on time to avoid late fees, collection activity or disconnection of service.
Termination/Cancellation of Paperless Billing
You may terminate Paperless Billing at anytime by logging into MyAccount. After you terminate Paperless Billing, future bills will be mailed to your current address on file with Southwest Gas. Please make sure to pay your final paperless bill by the due date. You can check your current account balance at https://myaccount.swgas.com/.
Cancellation of Paperless Billing
Southwest Gas reserves the right to cancel the presentment of Paperless Billing at any time.
Non-Delivery of Paperless Billing(s)
If e-mails are returned as undeliverable to Southwest Gas, Southwest Gas reserves the right to terminate you from Paperless Billing and return to sending you a paper bill. You may enroll again at any time after correcting any e-mail address errors through MyAccount.
These Terms and Condition do not alter your liability or obligations that currently exist between you and Southwest Gas concerning your utility usage, and other products and services. Neither termination nor cancellation shall affect your liability or obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
Service fees and additional charges
You are responsible for any and all telephone access fees and/or Internet service fees that may be assessed by your telephone and/or Internet service provider.
It is your sole responsibility to ensure that the contact information in your user profile is current and accurate. This includes, but is not limited to; name, address, phone number(s) and e-mail address(es). Changes can be made either within the application or by contacting Customer Assistance.
You agree that the information you provide to Southwest Gas can go through a verification process.
Questions and Disputes
In case of questions regarding your Paperless Billing transactions, contact Southwest Gas by email or by calling Customer Assistance at 1-877-860-6020, Monday through Friday 8:00AM to 5:00PM PT (excluding holidays).
These Terms and Conditions do not supercede, modify or in any way mitigate your obligation to be bound by and comply with Southwest Gas' MyAccount Terms and Conditions.
Program Qualifications and Restrictions
Eligible Residential and Commercial customers are permitted to utilize Southwest Gas Online Payment service ("Online Payment") via the Internet with no fee if the following requirements are met:
You must have a current/valid U.S. bank account at a financial institution where the payment will be withdrawn.
Your Southwest Gas account must be active or have a balance owing.
By selecting the "I Accept, Submit Online Payment" button, you are confirming that you accept these Terms and Conditions (and any future modifications thereof) and agree that by scheduling a payment via Online Payment, you authorize your financial institution and Southwest Gas to initiate debit(s), credit(s) or correction entries for such payments. Your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions is an affirmative representation that you have all necessary rights, power and authority to authorize each such payment and that you will take such steps as your financial institution requires to make such authorization.
Your Commitment to Us
It is your responsibility to:
Ensure there are sufficient funds available in your checking or savings account to meet each scheduled Online Payment. If there are insufficient funds in your account, your financial institution and Southwest Gas may charge you a fee and/or interest. You are solely responsible for paying any fee and/or interest charged by your financial institution or Southwest Gas. Check your bank account statement to verify that the amounts debited from your account are correct. Any overpayments resulting in a credit balance cannot be refunded but will be applied as a credit on your Southwest Gas account. Requests for refunds due to overpayment should be directed to your financial institution which may charge a fee associated with the refund request.
Payments made Monday through Friday before 5 p.m. Pacific Time will post to your account the same day. Payments made after 5 p.m., or on weekends or holidays, will post to your account on the next business day. (Business days are Monday through Friday, except for banking holidays.) Please ensure that your payment is made prior to 5 p.m. on or before the due date of the bill. You are solely responsible for making payments prior to the due date, and you are solely responsible for any late fees charged by Southwest Gas for payments not made timely. Late fees for any payments made using Online Payment are the same as the late fees charged for mailed payments. Online Payment is designed to be available seven days a week, 24 hours a day, and Southwest Gas will endeavor to update account balance and activity information daily. However, Southwest Gas shall not be liable for any inability to access Online Payment, or for Southwest Gas' failure to update any information, for whatever reason.
Southwest Gas does not charge you a convenience fee for using Online Payment. However, your financial institution may charge you fees related to your scheduled payment, including transaction fees or fees for attempting payments without sufficient funds. If the transaction is refused by your financial institution for any reason, including, but not limited to, insufficient funds, closed account, or unauthorized account, Southwest Gas will not be able to process your payment. Your Southwest Gas account may be subject to additional charges if your payment is rejected, reversed or refused by your financial institution.
If you save your banking information for reoccurring use in MyAccount, and need to update your checking or saving account information, you can do so online through MyAccount. However, to the extent this information requires updating, and such updates are not made prior to the applicable payment deadline (as discussed in detail above), all applicable additional charges, including, but not limited to, late fees, may be assessed.
Unauthorized or Disputed Payments
If you believe that someone has made an unauthorized payment through Online Payment without your permission, contact your financial institution immediately. You are solely responsible for any unauthorized payments, although your financial institution may provide some form of fraud protection.
In case of disputes or questions about your Online Payment, contact Southwest Gas by email or by calling Customer Assistance at 1-877-860-6020, Monday through Friday 8:00AM to 5:00PM PT (excluding holidays). Southwest Gas must hear from you within sixty (60) days after the first bank statement on which the problem appeared was sent to you. Please provide your name and Southwest Gas account number, describe the error or transfer about which you are unsure, why you believe there is an error, and the dollar amount of the suspected error.
Southwest Gas will inform you as to the result of the investigation within ten (10) business days after Southwest Gas hears from you and will correct any error promptly. If more time is needed, however, Southwest Gas may take up to forty-five (45) days to investigate your complaint or questions. If no error is found, Southwest Gas will contact you within three (3) business days after the investigation is completed.
Southwest Gas does not permit cancellation of Online Payments after you have scheduled the transaction at this time.
Participation in Southwest Gas' Online Payment is completely optional. Southwest Gas reserves the right to suspend or discontinue accepting online payments at any time, for any reason without prior notice. Southwest Gas will attempt to provide you with prior notice of suspension or termination of Online Payment, but Southwest Gas will not be liable for any failure to do so. Neither termination nor discontinuation of Online Payment shall affect your liability for transactions initiated through this service.
In submitting this service request you, the customer, agrees to take and pay for gas service from Southwest Gas in accordance with this application including the above clause(s) hereof and the rates, terms and conditions contained in Southwest Gas gas tariffs as amended from time to time and available for inspection at any business office of Southwest Gas.
Other Terms and Conditions
- Southwest Gas has no responsibility for any failure or error in MyAccount, Online Payment, APP, or any other service described herein (collectively, Online Services), including without limitation, any interruption, omission, mistake, malfunction or delay related thereto. Southwest Gas makes no representation that any data posted is suitable for any particular purpose or use. You should not assume that the information within the Online Services is constantly updated or otherwise includes recent information. All information contained the Online Services is provided "as is" and "as available," although Southwest Gas will use its reasonable efforts to post the best data that is readily available. Some of the information presented within the Online Services is based on estimates and projections. Southwest Gas reserves the right in its sole opinion to prevent any user from accessing its web site in connection with the Online Services.
- The Online Services will be operated and used at all times subject to applicable laws, rules, regulations and decisions of federal and state governmental authorities having jurisdiction, as in effect from time to time, including without limitation, the applicable public utilities commission.
- Any dispute related to the Online Services shall be resolved pursuant to the laws of the State of Nevada, without reference to its principles on conflicts of laws.
- Your use of the Online Services does not provide any legal right or interest in any intellectual property used in connection therewith, or derived there from or any text or other content posted in connection therewith, including without limitation any copyright, for which all rights are reserved by Southwest Gas.
- Use of the Online Services, and any Southwest Gas service accessed, is at your sole risk. Although Southwest Gas has endeavored to create a secure and reliable service, the confidentiality or security of any communication transmitted or accessible over the internet cannot be guaranteed. Southwest Gas does encrypt your personal information on our systems and in transmission and complies with all applicable laws in handling such information. Accordingly, Southwest Gas and its affiliates are not responsible for the security of any information transmitted or accessed using the internet. Actual or attempted unauthorized use of the Online Services may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution.
- Southwest Gas' use of your information shall be in accordance with Southwest Gas' privacy statement which may be viewed at http://www.swgas.com/about/privacy.php. We may share information we collect about you, except credit bureau information, with outside companies that are assisting us with servicing your account. Our agreements with these outside companies (service providers) require that they protect this information; they are only authorized to use such information to carry out the services they are performing for Southwest Gas.
- Southwest Gas shall not be deemed to have waived any of its rights or remedies hereunder unless such waiver is in writing and signed by Southwest Gas. No delay or omission on the part of Southwest Gas in exercising any rights or remedies shall operate as a waiver of such rights or remedies or any other rights or remedies. A waiver on any one occasion shall not be construed as a bar or wavier of any rights or remedies on future occasions.
- Southwest Gas reserves the right to change any terms and conditions of the Online Services. You can review the most current version of the applicable terms and conditions at any time by visiting https://myaccount.swgas.com. Updates or changes to the terms and conditions of the Online Services will be effective when posted on this site. Your continued use of this site or any services provided hereunder after any changes in such terms and conditions shall constitute your consent to such changes. Southwest Gas reserves the right to change, modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the site or any portion thereof, without notice. You agree that Southwest Gas shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Online Services.
- Additional terms and conditions may apply to a specific service provided hereunder.
These Terms and Conditions do not supercede, modify or in any way mitigate your obligation to be bound by and comply with all applicable tariffs, rules and regulations related to your service.
SOUTHWEST GAS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR FOR THE LOSS OF PROFIT, REVENUE OR DATA WHICH ARISE FROM OR IS RELATED TO THE USE OF THE ONLINE SERVICES PROVIDED TO YOU THEREUNDER. IN ADDITION, YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD SOUTHWEST GAS HARMLESS FROM ANY ACTIONS, CLAIMS, DAMAGES, LIABILITIES OR LOSSES ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE USE OF THE ONLINE SERVICES.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE FOREGOING AGREEMENT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS.